Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In Michigan

I spent the first week of August in Cadillac, Michigan. While they manufacture parts for various autos in this town, it is not the Cadillac factory. An interesting travel arrangement on the inbound . . . on my flight from Chicago to Grand Rapids, we were held on the plane for about an hour and a half wait for tech to fix a faulty fuel pump light. They de-planed us and after about another hour, canceled the flight. The next flight out would be in the morning at 7:30, which would get to Grand Rapids at 9:30, with another hour's drive to Cadillac. This wasn't going to work, so I set about obtaining a car at 1:00 in the morning, then drove 5 hours to my destination. I thought I'd have an hour to rest before training, but there was a time change, so I only got a shower in before the training.

The trip back to Chicago was OK until I got to Chicago. The traffic was so bad, I could have parked my car and taken this picture from the outside of the vehicle!

1 comment:

Abs said...

Oh man, I know how much you must have loved that traffic.