Friday, July 31, 2009

Roswell, New Mexico




The last week in July I spent in Rosewell . . . home of the 1941 UFO crash site. I learned that Area 51 is no where near this place (it is in Nevada) and that Ben's top secret work probably involves a coverup since the bodies of the recovered aliens are being kept at Wright-Patterson AFB!


The whole town is caught up in the alien-nation thing. I took a tour in the UFO Museum and Research Center and educated the attendant on the aspects of the 4th dimension (he asked!). The main street had several shops with all sorts of stuff on aliens.


Thursday night we had one of those storms like we had in Hershey when visiting Abby and Justin. The standing water on the roads could have been up to 6 inches in some places! It just poured and was a pretty scary storm.

3 comments:

Carter Family said...

When I showed Jackson these pictures he asked me when you were coming to his house. Then he said "and gramma come too?" I told him you were coming in a few months which got him really excited about popsicles for some reason and then he said "Grampa can't fly with the aliens to our house!" I started laughing a little and he said "Mom, it not funny!" So, when you come for Thanksgiving, please don't bring the Aliens!

Sure love you Dad, keep the updates coming! We love to see the U.S. with you!

Amy and kids

Carter Family said...

Grandpa, do you think aliens are real? I don't think they're very real.

Love,

Preston

Abs said...

Once an educator, always an educator. I bet you were excited to talk about 4D stuff.