Wednesday, August 6, 2008

More Pictures of Grand Canyon
















I was able to superimpose my image so it looks like someone took my picture. Arizona was experiencing its monsoon season, so it rained every day, which was a good thing, since it was quite hot, anyway.
















There was a German family taking pictures at Bright Angel (this view). I mustered up my best German to ask the girl (auf deutsch) if she could take my picture for my family. She asked if I could speak German; I said, "Wenig". Then she buried me with a barrage of phrases I was not familiar with. (Daniel, where are where when I need you! She was even kinda cute!)
















This is another shot from Bright Angel. I want to return here and hike to the bottom.
Temperature the top: 75 degrees.
Temperature at the bottom: 105 degrees!
Mom, you better being LOTS of water.

1 comment:

Abs said...

We need some more posts dad. I really do love those pictures of the Grand Canyon. You are very smart to superimpose yourself on a picture you took. Of course I always tell people I have the smartest dad in the world.